I touched a ticklish brown piece of paper

>> July 17, 2010

I touched the brown piece of paper. I touched the brown piece of paper and I almost cried.


I cried on the inside. I cried from hilarity of the scratchiness. The paper was so thick, it tickled my brain when I just touched it.

And, it was not scratchy the brown piece of paper. Not too coarse, (but coarse and soft).

The brown piece of paper it had a scratchy silence I could not hear, so quiet. the brown piece of paper has a wrinkly sound and texture. The sound and the texture both they make a nerve go up and down your spine, it shocks the jaw, up the spine and back down again, tickling and tinging you until the nerve gets stuck up at the top of your neck.

A ticiklish nerve just to even think aboutit. This is the kind of scratchiness that gets stuck in a point of your back or else gets stuck at the top of your neck where your spine meets your head.

Yes, it was that kind of tickle. Just from touching a soft and worn rag of a page, from the brown piece of paper that is torn, wrinkled and soft from too much use!

I kept touching that soft brown piece of paper and I kept getting the tickle - like an ice cream cold when you have been hot out in the sun; like being cold, or, having a funny kind of tooth ache; like chalkboard when the chalk catches it just the wrong way and it screeches like you think a tiny baby animal would screech!" The memory from that chalk board sound, now that still tickles. When it tickles, the memory of the chalk board scratching, I can feel that funny feeling from the brown piece of paper again.

The chalk board feels tickly. It makes the nerves tighten and you can feel thee muscles in your neck, the tiniest muscles, lift up, and they make your tiny hairs on your neck also stand up, like a chill air breeze.

I touched this brown piece of paper, felt a tickle run down my back, it caused me to write this story, then I started tellin' it, and the nerve run back up my neck thinking about it, run back up and got stuck there.

The feeling made me think of crumbling up leaves - brown, and golden, and reds, the leaves that come after Summer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us a comment! Feel free to leave your email if you need a response.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP