looking for a symbol for our journey - at this point we need to be fierce dragon gods that can brutally thrash some of the work we have to get through

>> December 2, 2009



At this point we need to be fierce dragon gods that can brutally thrash some of the work we have to get through what it takes to leave home. This can be metaphorical or more. For me, the metaphor works. This really cool sculpture from the Yale in China collections reminds me of how I have always seen China in my past, fierce, mighty, traditional, ethnic, mystical, whimsical, folkloric, and familiar... we will visit the Teaching Hospital in Changsha where my Grandmother was born and where her parents taught and lived for much of their lives.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us a comment! Feel free to leave your email if you need a response.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP